Thursday, August 13, 2009

John Scofield

June 22nd Today we headed Manhattan and the Blue Note where we saw the John Scofield Trio with the Scohorns. I've been a big fan for many years and have a few of his albums to couldn't miss the chance to see him live. For those who don't know him John has a style that is all his own and very contemporary. He's always changing and hardly ever plays the same thing for long. Steve Swallow, the bass player is a legend in his own right too. The club is very cramped as they obviously like to pack as many people in as possible. I had my back to the stage and got a stiff neck continually turning to watch! I couldn't tell you the names of anything that was played as the tunes were mostly not announced and even though I have several albums by John Scofield it's hard to identify tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment